Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hats off to Larry


Yes, "Hats Off to Larry," was an old doo-wop hit, or maybe not such a hit or not so much doo-wop, anyway, hats off to Larry, my dear friend who died last Christmas day.
Larry was, like me, a hat fancier and he left plenty nifty toppers in his wake. His wife, Maureen, called me over to have the right of first refusal of his collection which I reluctantly picked through. I have a gigantic, if not empty, head, slightly larger than Larry's, proving nothing about intellect and head size since Larry was smart as all get out and I am at best, just kinda smart.
Today, I wore my boater to Westport to look at 99% bad art. I can't slap a hat on my over sized noggin without thinking about Larry.
I miss you old man and I'd drink to you, but alas - or maybe - thank God - neither one of us drank (anymore). So, hats off to you old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment