Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Are enn?

"It's late in the evening, people, but I ain't worried about that lonesome road because everything's cool. You understand?"
- Taj Mahal "Bacon Fat."

Lot's of work to be done on the unit now that all the work is done. don't I have to log on more often and contribute? I oughta let some people know I am out there. Or in here. Or in there.

In the interest of self-preservation I will not write about the miserable drudgery I am suffering at the hands - or more anatomically appropriate - flapping lips of a fellow worker who talks constantly, as if the thought process is connected to the larynx. I am not a mean person usually, but, land o' goshen, I had to ask my fellow worker to please stop talking so I could think.

I was trying to write a nursing note: a collection of adjectives describing the affect, mood, behavior and thought process of a particular patient. My colleague was rattling of adjectives, trying to put together a similar note. I couldn't listen and think at the same time. And due to the shrillness and pause-free tonal quality of the voice in my ear, I could not tune it out.

Mood: frustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment