Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dingleberry


I couldn't help it. I dropped the old LG phone (is everything made by LG?) one too many times until I had to use blue tape to hold the battery compartment on. Finally, one day when I was avoiding doing something else, I went over to the Verizon store and got myself a Blackberry.

Why should I be different?

Now that I have finally fired the new unit up, complete with teeny tiny Internet service and a couple of addictive games, I carry my desk in my pocket.

To make life even more silly, and to the embarrassment of my daughter, I bought a nerd holster to go with it so the Blackberry is attached to my ass cheek most of the time.

Every time I get an email it goes "Bing!" and if I get a "text," (doesn't anybody just call anymore?) it goes "Eh! Eh!"

It is a whole lotta fun, and late at night, when the darkness of the psych unit is dim and the techs are melting at computer screens and whoever the other nurse is naps in a corner and the patients are all asleep, I can play one of the very addictive word games I figured out how to download.

I can even look at this blog, teeny tiny and barely readable, although the computer wizards at the hospital cut off my access to this site so I can't write pithy updates from the floor for the readers who don't read this. Well me, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment